Gel polish is a great way to get long-lasting, chip-free nails. But when it’s time to remove it, it can be a pain. The traditional method of soaking your nails in acetone and foil can take up to 30 minutes.
If you’re in a hurry, there are a few ways to remove gel polish quickly. In this article, we’ll walk you through each method step-by-step, so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
These are the some methods for removing gel polish quickly.
Using an Electric Nail File:
- Start by filing off the top layer of gel polish with an electric nail file. Be careful not to over-file, or you could damage your nails.
- Once the top layer of gel polish is removed, you should be able to peel off the rest of it with your fingers.
Using a Gel Polish Remover:
- Apply a generous amount of gel polish remover to each nail using a cotton ball or orangewood stick.
- Let the gel polish remover sit on your nails for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently scrape off the gel polish using a cotton ball or orangewood stick.
Using a Soak-Off Bowl:
- Fill a soak-off bowl with acetone and heat it up.
- Place your fingers in the soak-off bowl and let the acetone dissolve the gel polish.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove your fingers from the soak-off bowl and gently scrape off the gel polish using a cotton ball or orangewood stick.
- Use warm acetone. Warm acetone will dissolve the gel polish more quickly.
- Be patient. It may take a few minutes for the gel polish to dissolve, especially if you’re using a soak-off bowl.
- Be gentle. Don’t over-file your nails or scrape too hard at the gel polish. This could damage your nails.
Removing gel polish quickly doesn’t have to be difficult. By following the tips above, you can remove your gel polish in just a few minutes, without damaging your nails.